hive-dev mailing list archives

From Lefty Leverenz <leftylever...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hive install doc: "$ ant package"
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 00:51:30 GMT
Thanks Xuefu!

> The current distribution directory is located at

packaging/target/apache-hive-0.13.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/apache-hive-0.13.0-SNAPSHOT-bin/,
> which corresponds to previous build/dist/.

The wiki needs a generic location, since we can't update it with every
release (and people might install an older version).
So would this work, or is the location variable?

packaging/target/apache-hive-*<release_string>*-bin/apache-hive-
*<release_string>*-bin/

Also, when you say the first maven command needs -Pdist, do you mean this?

mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pdist
cd itests
mvn clean install -DskipTests

-- Lefty