hive-dev mailing list archives

From Gourav Sengupta <gourav.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Single Mapper - HIVE 0.11
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:58:42 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to run a join using two tables stored in ORC file format.

The first table has 34 million records and the second has around 300,000
records.

Setting "set hive.auto.convert.join=true" makes the entire query run via a
single mapper.
In case I am setting "set hive.auto.convert.join=false" then there are two
mappers first one reads the second table and then the entire large table
goes through the second mapper.

Is there something that I am doing wrong because there are three nodes in
the HADOOP cluster currently and I was expecting that at least 6 mappers
should have been used.

Thanks and Regards,
Gourav