hive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "shanyu zhao (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-5218) datanucleus does not work with SQLServer in Hive metastore
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2013 02:59:52 GMT


shanyu zhao commented on HIVE-5218:

[~sergey.soldatov] I tried your patch but it doesn't fix the problem.

The problem is not with user defined table, it's actually with the SEQUENCE_TABLE table which
datanucleus uses internally to track the sequence number. I did a little bit research and
found that it's a datanucleus bug, with my fix in datanucleus this problem went away.

I submitted a JIRA there:

However, for hive should we revert the datanucleus upgrade until the patch in NUCRDBMS-692
get checked in (3.2.7 the soonest)?
> datanucleus does not work with SQLServer in Hive metastore
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: HIVE-5218
>                 URL:
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Metastore
>    Affects Versions: 0.12.0
>            Reporter: shanyu zhao
>         Attachments: 0001-HIVE-5218-datanucleus-does-not-work-with-SQLServer-i.patch
> HIVE-3632 upgraded datanucleus version to 3.2.x, however, this version of datanucleus
doesn't work with SQLServer as the metastore. The problem is that datanucleus tries to use
fully qualified object name to find a table in the database but couldn't find it.
> If I downgrade the version to HIVE-2084, SQLServer works fine.
> It could be a bug in datanucleus.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message