hive-dev mailing list archives

From Eugene Koifman <ekoif...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hive 0.12 release
Date Sat, 31 Aug 2013 03:21:57 GMT
Because this change includes moving/renaming 300 files and then adding
about 200 more with the same name (but contents from 0.11 branch) as the
file had before the move.  The first part is necessary to change the
package name, the second to ensure backwards compatibility.  I described
this in detail the mail "RFC: Major HCatalog refactoring".

Given the complexity of the changes I think creating and applying a patch
could end up with a lot of conflicts.  So doing this after the branch adds
complexity but does not add anything useful.

Eugene

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE