hive-dev mailing list archives

From Brock Noland <br...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Discuss: End of static, thread local
Date Sat, 10 Aug 2013 22:37:21 GMT
I would love to get rid of the static thread local stuff. It was required
to make hive work in a server model but isn't the correct solution to this
problem.

I do think it will be a large amount of work so it'd be great to see
whoever leads this effort to have a high level plan as opposed to an adhoc
effort.