hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjay Subramanian <Sanjay.Subraman...@wizecommerce.com>
Subject Request perm to edit wiki
Date Tue, 02 Jul 2013 02:15:52 GMT
Hi

I'd like to add documentation on how to use LZO compression in Hive

May I get edit permissions?

Thanks.

Sanjay

Confluence username: sanjaysubramanian@yahoo.com<mailto:sanjaysubramanian@yahoo.com>

Apache JIRA username - sanjaysubramanian

From: Lefty Leverenz <lefty@hortonworks.com<mailto:lefty@hortonworks.com>>
Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:12 AM
To: "user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>" <user@hive.apache.org<mailto:user@hive.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: LZO compression implementation in Hive

You can email hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org<mailto:hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org> asking for
edit privileges on the Hive wiki.
Here's an example from the archives<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hive-dev/201304.mbox/%3cCAKHgJS42yQqj54RC8YvzGXbUbiEs7mpV9fDofq2Z3Onfo67zwg@mail.gmail.com%3e>.

Once you have permission, you can use the Edit and Add symbols in the upper right corner of
each wiki page.

For page location, I'd have to think it over and check the existing docs.  Initial thoughts:

  *   The Language Manual<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/LanguageManual>
has a placeholder for file formats which only contains ORC files now.
  *   Perhaps the DDL section is more appropriate.  If so, add a subbullet on the Language
Manual page.
  *   If you don't want it in the Language Manual, just put it on the home page<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Home>
and add a link under User Documentation.
  *   As long as it's somewhere in the Hive wiki tree, the apparent organization can be changed
by adding/removing links.
  *   Many people don't pay attention to the page structure, they just google the topic they're
looking for.

– Lefty

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Sanjay Subramanian <Sanjay.Subramanian@wizecommerce.com<mailto:Sanjay.Subramanian@wizecommerce.com>>