hive-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Carl Steinbach (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (HIVE-4278) HCat needs to get current Hive jars instead of pulling them from maven repo
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 00:51:16 GMT


Carl Steinbach commented on HIVE-4278:

bq. When interacting with maven repos I think the maven-ant-tasks are the way to go, even
if Ivy is used for dependency resolution.

Why? What makes the maven-ant-tasks a better option for interacting with Maven repositories?

bq. I'll file a followup jira about being consistent with which tool we use to manage dependencies,
but I think that's separate from this issue.

I think in the meantime we should avoid introducing more inconsistencies. Hive uses Ivy for
90% of it's dependency resolution needs, and I suspect that the other 10% where we use maven-ant-tasks
were introduced by a developer who was more familiar with Maven than Ivy. Please use Ivy instead
of maven-ant-tasks.
> HCat needs to get current Hive jars instead of pulling them from maven repo
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: HIVE-4278
>                 URL:
>             Project: Hive
>          Issue Type: Sub-task
>          Components: Build Infrastructure, HCatalog
>    Affects Versions: 0.11.0
>            Reporter: Alan Gates
>            Assignee: Travis Crawford
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 0.11.0
>         Attachments: HIVE-4278.D9981.1.patch
> The HCatalog build is currently pulling Hive jars from the maven repo instead of using
the ones built as part of the current build.  Now that it is part of Hive it should use the
jars being built instead of pulling them from maven.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message