hive-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Christopher Liu <>
Subject HCatalog to Hive Committership
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2013 20:18:04 GMT

Given that moving HCatalog into Hive is well underway. As an HCatalog committer I'd like to
better understand the path to becoming a Hive committer. Based on what I gleaned from email
discussions. I'd like to verify the following:

"HCatalog committers will be assigned shepherds" - How do we go about getting assigned one?

"HCatalog committers are expected to become Hive Committers in 6-8 months" - Will there be
a review done in 6-8 mos for the existing HCatalog committers. What would be the criteria?
What happens if we don't get voted/nominated?

I and a few of my colleagues (also HCat committers) are interested in becoming Hive committers
and it would greatly help our effort if we could clarify the things discussed in the list.
Feel free to point out anything I missed or misunderstood.

View raw message