hive-dev mailing list archives

From Namit Jain <nj...@fb.com>
Subject Re: Branch for HIVE-4160
Date Wed, 03 Apr 2013 03:37:55 GMT
It will be difficult to merge back the branch.
Can you stage your changes incrementally ?

I mean, start with the making the operators vectorized - it can be a for
loop to
start with ? I think it will be very difficult to merge it back if we
diverge on this.
I would recommend starting with simple interfaces for operators and then
plugging them
in slowly instead of a new branch, unless this approach is extremely
difficult.

Thanks,
-namit