hive-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Winterbourne <dave.winterbou...@gmail.com>
Subject Question - why are there instances of org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils and WordUtils bundled in hive?
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:42:03 GMT
I have been working on eliminating duplicate class warnings in my maven
build, and in the end discovered that there are two classes from apache
commons-lang that are bundled with hive-exec:

jar tf hive-0.10.0-bin//lib/hive-exec-0.10.0.jar | grep
org/apache/commons/lang/
org/apache/commons/lang/
org/apache/commons/lang/StringUtils.class
org/apache/commons/lang/WordUtils.class

Why are these classes bundled with hive as opposed to just using
commons-lang? If there truly is a need for custom functionality, why not
put it in a different class to avoid this collision?