hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Where to put hcatalog branches and site code
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2013 00:02:16 GMT
Right after I moved the hcat code to hive/trunk/hcatalog Owen pointed out that the problem
with this is now everyone who checks out Hive pulls _all_ of the hcat code.  This isn't what
we want.

The site code I propose we integrate with Hive's site code.  I'll put up a patch for this
shortly.

The branches we could either move into Hive's branches directory (and move them to hcatalog-branch-0.x)
or we could create a /hive/hcatalog-historical and put them there.  I'm fine with either.
 Thoughts?

Alan.