hive-dev mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue involving non-sun java build
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 19:14:01 GMT
Hi Renata,
I'm glad to see you interested in contributing to Hive community! Please don't hesitate and
follow the link provided by Brock in previous email if you're interested.

I just wanted to add that Hive is a Hadoop SQL Engine and thus we have major dependencies
on Hadoop. Whereas extending Hive ability to work on other JDKs is definitely a great thing
to do, I feel the need to warn that you might get into issues as Hadoop itself might not work
on those JDKs. I know about following wiki page [1] that describes the support of various
JDKs in Hadoop, but it seems not maintained any more.

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HadoopJavaVersions