hive-dev mailing list archives

From Benyi Wang <bewang.t...@gmail.com>
Subject HBaseBulkLoad from Hive question.
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 22:38:59 GMT
I encountered a problem when I follow this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hbasebulkload.html.

Our hbase need ints and doubles in binary format. And HBaseIntegration can
do this mapping. How can I do the bulk load with binary data?

Does this line in the hbasebulkload page means, no binary data is upported
in 0.9? "Support loading binary data representations once HIVE-1245 is
fixed"

I cannot insert data as binary in hbsort table because Hive only supports
convert string and binary to binary data.

If I write a UDF implements the mapping in HBaseIntegration, could you
point me the code for this conversion, from int/double into binary?