hive-dev mailing list archives

From Manish Malhotra <>
Subject ASF HiveServer2 release plan !!
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 03:35:05 GMT

I'm looking for HiveServer2 implementation in ASF.
I follow this link.

Is this same as what CDH4 has released HiveServer2 and its available under
ASF or this is not being implemented in ASF till now.
I'm bit confused as its released in CDH4.

Plus if its not done in ASF, we have any deadline to release this in .10 or
Sorry I know there wont be hard deadlines, but as we are product
ionizing hive warehouse like Oracle, so we are looking all the components.

If there are efforts left over as I can see few tasks are unassigned,
anybody can give some rough idea about how much time it would take to
implement these features, so that if possible can confirm from my company
about contributing to these features.

Thanks for your time and help !!