hive-dev mailing list archives

From Gabriel Reid <gabri...@ngdata.com>
Subject HIVE_OPTS in hiveserver (HIVE-2355)
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 08:22:35 GMT
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the status of HIVE-2355. This issue (although
it's possibly somewhat poorly labelled) covers the fact that the contents auxlib directory
aren't properly passed through as hive.aux.jars.path when running hiveserver.

I've just tested the same patch posted on HIVE-2355 (as it's necessary if you want to use
a custom SerDe or StorageHandler with hiveserver), and it appears to work as intended, thereby
allowing the use of extensions with hiveserver.

Is there anything holding this patch back to being committed, or has it just been forgotten
(or something else)? If there are any additional issues surrounding getting this functionality
into hiveserver, I'd be happy to assist.

- Gabriel