hive-dev mailing list archives

From Feng Peng <pengf...@gmail.com>
Subject ant test dependency
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 01:33:31 GMT
Hi Hive gurus,

It seems that "ant test" actually depends on "ant package" but not
correctly set in build.xml.

Basically "ant test" depends on classes under build/dist/lib created by
"ant package", which makes "ant test" fail on a fresh checkout.

More details:

In build-common.xml, the target "set-test-classpath" has the following
piece of code:

<!-- Include build/dist/lib on the classpath before Ivy and exclude hive
jars from Ivy to make sure we get the local changes when we test Hive -->
      <fileset dir="${build.dir.hive}/dist/lib" includes="*.jar"
erroronmissingdir="false"
excludes="**/hive_contrib*.jar,**/hive-contrib*.jar,**/lib*.jar"/>

but the test target doesn't depend on package thus the breakage.

Is this intended or am I missing anything here?

Thanks,
Feng