hive-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 20:52:40 GMT
Hello Hive community.  It is time for HCatalog to graduate from the Apache Incubator.  Given
the heavy dependence of HCatalog on Hive the HCatalog community agreed it made sense to explore
graduating from the Incubator to become a subproject of Hive (see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hcatalog-user/201209.mbox/%3C08C40723-8D4D-48EB-942B-8EE4327DD84A%40hortonworks.com%3E
and http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hcatalog-user/201210.mbox/%3CCABN7xTCRM5wXGgJKEko0PmqDXhuAYpK%2BD-H57T29zcSGhkwGQw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
).  To help both communities understand what HCatalog is and hopes to become we also developed
a roadmap that summarizes HCatalog's current features, planned features, and other possible
features under discussion:  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HCATALOG/HCatalog+Roadmap

So we are now approaching you to see if there is agreement in the Hive community that HCatalog
graduating into Hive would make sense.

Alan.