hive-dev mailing list archives

From Arnab Guin <arnab.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues building hive
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:59:02 GMT
Hi,

I executed the following command on the root directory of the installation
(checked out from SVN).

ant clean package

Hive built successfully but when I invoke Hive and execute a command, it
gives the following error:

bin/hive

hive> CREATE TABLE X(S STRING);
FAILED: ParseException line 1:13 cannot recognize input near 'X' '(' ')'

Can anybody help out? I see the libraries have been built successfully in
build/dist.

Also, when I run the following command on the root directory:

ant test -Dtestcase=TestCliDriver, I keep getting the following error:
      [for] Cause: the class
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask was not found.
      [for]         This looks like one of Ant's optional components.
      [for] Action: Check that the appropriate optional JAR exists in
      [for]         -/usr/share/ant/lib
      [for]         -/root/.ant/lib
      [for]         -a directory added on the command line with the -lib
argument

I did download the junit.jar and ant-junit.jar files and put them in the
/usr/share/ant/lib directory.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.