hive-dev mailing list archives

From Yin Huai <>
Subject configuring log4j for unit tests
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 16:57:02 GMT
Hello All,

When I run hive unit tests, I always can find an error saying the class
of org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter can not be found. Seems the
reason is that in hadoop 0.20.2, the location of EventCounter is
org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter, so log4j should load the old

The command I used for unit tests are...
ant very-clean package
ant test tar -logfile ant.log

I must missed something. Can you let me know the typical commands you used
to test all unit tests? Also, how can I change the conf of log4j, so unit
tests will load org.apache.hadoop.metrics.jvm.EventCounter instead
of org.apache.hadoop.log.metrics.EventCounter?