hive-dev mailing list archives

From Kanna Karanam <kanna...@microsoft.com>
Subject Running unit tests on Windows - Need some suggestions/help to fix exim & archive related issues
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:02:38 GMT
Hi,
I am working on running unit tests on windows. I have done some basic changes to handle path
& diff related issues and most of them are passing now. It would be a great help if you
can provide me some early feedback to fix exim & archive related unit test failures. Here
are my observations.

1)      I noticed that some .q files (exim related) have native unix commands (!rm etc..)
- Is there any recommendation on how to handle them. Something like "If windows (del) else
(!rm)"

2)      Archive related tests are failing because of the missing setting "hive.archive.har.parentdir.settable
=true". It is working on Unix with the same config file but not on windows. Is there any other
place to set this setting?

Thanks,
Kanna