hive-dev mailing list archives

From Kanna Karanam <kanna...@microsoft.com>
Subject Unable to compile and run unit tests against custom/local version of Hadoop
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:36:23 GMT
Hi Gurus,

It would be a great help if anyone can help me run hive with my local hadoop build. I followed
the wiki instructions but no luck. I am sure that I am missing something here. It would be
a great help if anyone can point me in the right direction.

>From wiki:

  *   One can also compile against a custom version of the Hadoop tree (only release 0.4 and
above). This is also useful if running Ivy is problematic (in disconnected mode for example)
- but a hadoop tree is available. This can be done by specifying the root of the hadoop source
tree to be used, for example:
ant -Dhadoop.root=~/src/hadoop-19/build/hadoop-0.19.2-dev -Dhadoop.version=0.19.2-dev
Thanks,
Kanna