hive-dev mailing list archives

From Zhang Kai <zhangk1...@gmail.com>
Subject Meta data didn't rollback after accessing mysql fail
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 06:03:45 GMT
Hi all,

  I got a problem when using Hive 0.7.1.
  After I created a table with JDO failure, I can still find the table by
using 'show tables;'.

  I grep the code and find there is a transaction mechanism when hive
interacts with metastore.
  However, it seems that the transaction doesn't work.

  I have tested this for several times.
  I manually throw an exception before ObjectStore commit the 'CREATE
TABLE' transaction.
  But I can find that a new record in TBLS in mysql.
  So I guess meta data didn't rollback correctly.

  I also notice this could also happen on Hive 0.8 and 0.9.
  However, I haven't tested it.

  I think this is a fatal error and can make hive metastore unavailable.
  Is there anyone can help me solve this problem?

  Thanks.

Kai Zhang