hive-dev mailing list archives

From Bhavesh Shah <bhavesh25s...@gmail.com>
Subject How to call Shell Script from Hive JDBC
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:22:48 GMT
Hi all,

I have implemented a task in Hive.

But I need to call a Shell Script in which I have written SQOOP commands
for importing the tables in Hive from SQL Server.

I tried to call a Shell Script in one of the Demo Application but as the
Program runs no action taken place. I just see the blank console and a
message which I have printed.

Is it possible to call the Shell Script for importing and exporting the
tables in HIve?

Do I need to do something extra in case of Hive? Please help me out from
this.

Thanks.

--
Regards,