hive-dev mailing list archives

From Bhavesh Shah <>
Subject Error related Hadoop while running Amazon EMR Job
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 14:06:09 GMT
Hello all,

I launched my instance on Amazon EMR. And I run the job yesterday on it and
I got the following error in log fies (Log Files of JobTracker)

DataStreamer Exception: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: File /mnt/var/lib/hadoop/tmp/mapred/system/ could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1

And due to this my job get terminated. Is anything wrong while
configuration/running jobs?

Can someone suggest me what could be the reason while SHUTTING DOWN the Job
Flow in AMazon EMR?

Many Thanks.

Bhavesh Shah