hive-dev mailing list archives

From Namit Jain <>
Subject Re: Changing defaults for dynamic partitioning and enforced bucketing?
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 17:03:17 GMT
I agree with changing the hive.exec.dynamic.partitions.

I am not sure about enforcing hive.enforcing.bucketing. It can have a
cost, which may or may not be needed. If we change this, we should trust
the metastore
completelely and also change hive.optimize.bucketmapjoin and
hive.optimize.bucketmapjoin.sortedmerge to true.

This may break some legacy applications, but it may completely make sense
for new setups.

On 3/2/12 8:45 AM, "Owen O'Malley" <> wrote:

>  Would it make sense to change the default configuration to set
>hive.enforce.bucketing and hive.exec.dynamic.partition to true? I find
>that I usually change them and I wonder what other peoples' experience
>with them is.
>  Owen

View raw message