hive-dev mailing list archives

From Francis Liu <tof...@apache.org>
Subject HCatalog-Hive StorageHandler compatibility
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:32:52 GMT
Hi,

Hcatalog 0.4 which contains HCATALOG-237 will be built against Hive 0.8.1.
In light of that, there are some HiveStorageHandler interface changes we'd
like checked into that branch (HIVE-2773, HIVE-2768). HIVE-2773 deprecates a
method and thus we have made it backward compatible. This enables us, as a
first step to get HBaseHCatStorageHandler and HBaseStorageHandler to work on
both platforms.  I'm hoping the community would be fine in getting these
patches in the 0.8.1 branch?

-Francis