hive-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Wilfong <kevinwilf...@fb.com>
Subject Post-gres Hive Metastore
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2012 18:59:22 GMT
Hello,

Does anyone still use postgres as the Hive metastore SQL backend?

I'm in the process of writing scripts to upgrade the metastore schema as part of

I noticed that the postgres metastore upgrade scripts are missing the script for HIVE-2246.
 This patch added a new table COLUMNS_V2 and completely rearranged the way column information
is stored in the metastore.  Without this  change, I don't know how anyone could continue
to use postgres for Hive after upgrading to HIVE-2246.

Thanks,
Kevin Wilfong