hive-dev mailing list archives

From Li Wu <liw...@aol.com>
Subject Hive ODBC
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:44:57 GMT
I wanted to connect to Hive server with Hive ODBC driver (to try Tableau).

I noticed there is Hive ODBC driver in Apache. Cloudera created a closed-source proprietary
ODBC driver instead.

Why Cloudera didn't contribute to open source?

I understand Cloudera has become proprietary (SCM express is proprietary, Hive ODBC driver
is proprietary, new management tools are proprietary). But in this case there was already
Apache open source code for Hive ODBC driver and Cloudera chose not to contribute.