hive-dev mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@fb.com>
Subject Re: testing out Phabricator for code review
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 22:13:26 GMT
If you want, you'll be able to use the instance we're setting up at reviews.facebook.net; it
supports authentication via either an existing Github or Facebook account.

Marek Sapota is working on making the JIRA integration reusable across projects; I'll put
you in touch with him for getting HCatalog added once we're a little further along.

JVS

On Oct 20, 2011, at 3:01 PM, Ashutosh Chauhan wrote:

> Hey John,
>
> Thanks for the heads up. I am interested in phabricator especially since I am thinking
of setting up some review tool for HCatalog too. I have couple of questions:
> a) I can configure RB to use apache email address (or any email for that matter). Is
that possible with Phabricator. Looks like I need to have an account in Phabricator ?
> b) If I need to set it up for HCatalog, how do I go about doing it?
>
> Thanks,
> Ashutosh
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 14:00, John Sichi <jsichi@fb.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Earlier this year, Facebook released a bunch of its code browsing/review tools as a new
(and independent) open source project called Phabricator:

> http://phabricator.org/
>
> We're currently experimenting with using it for improving the developer experience when
contributing and reviewing Hive and HBase patches.  (Also for eliminating committer confusion
from different patch versions submitted to Review Board and JIRA, something which has bitten
us a few times already.)

> You may notice some of this activity showing up in JIRA, e.g.

> I'll be sending out a lot more info once we've finished some of the setup and validation,
but I just wanted to send out a heads-up for those who are already familiar with using the
existing Review Board setup.  Once validation is done, we'll publish instructions so that
everyone can test it out for themselves as a potential alternative to Review Board.