hive-dev mailing list archives

From john smith <js1987.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Hive from Eclipse
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:40:52 GMT
Hi folks,

I am trying to run Hive from eclipse. I've set it up correctly and it is
building the jars and stuff. However I face execeptions when I try to run
hive queries like "show tables" etc. There  has been a discussion on this in
the mailing list previously but there was no solution provided. It runs
perfectly from command line .

I am making a few changes to the hive source and every time I need to jar it
from the command line and run it .Is there some way to run it directly from
eclipse?

Please help,

Thanks,
JS