hive-dev mailing list archives

From Vincent Dsilva <vdsi...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Failed to start database 'metastore_db'
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:49:39 GMT
Hi,

I am planning to develop 'exists' clause for hive. As a first step I am trying to understand
the code through eclipse debug.
Sql statements work properly in java perspective. But, when I switch to debug mode, it throws
the following error

ERROR Datastore.Schema: Failed initialising database.
Failed to start database 'metastore_db', see the next exception for details.
org.datanucleus.exceptions.NucleusDataStoreException: Failed to start database 'metastore_db',
see the next exception for details.

Again, when I go back to java perspective, it fails. How do I correct it?

-Vincent