hive-dev mailing list archives

From John Sichi <>
Subject Re: JDBC Class conflicts from embedded projects
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:34:12 GMT
I agree; embedding these in hive-exec.jar is bad.  I'm guessing it has something to do with
getting them available in the Hadoop task JVM (rather than in the JDBC driver).

For example, in build-common.xml, if you search for HADOOP_CLASSPATH, you'll see where we
stick in some other jars needed at runtime (e.g. derby).  We recently added javaewah here
for the bitmap index support.  So perhaps if we add the ones you mention here too, we'll be
able to take them out of hive-exec.jar.

If you can get something working which passes all tests, go ahead and submit a patch.

On Jun 2, 2011, at 7:39 AM, Curtis Boyden wrote:

> Hi gang,
>               I am having some troubles with the json that is embedded in hive-exec (0.7.0)
conflicting with json that I need in my project.
>               This has been brought up in a jira already
>               Is this something that is planned to be addressed soonish or is this not
that big of a concern for the community?
>               Thanks for the feedback,
>               -Curtis

View raw message