hive-dev mailing list archives

From Mike <nano_kol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Using Toad for Hive
Date Sat, 14 May 2011 16:03:12 GMT
Hi,

  I started using Toad for Hive,looks cool! I installed the plugins in Eclipse in windows
and it started working fine.
I have a few questions:

1. Does it work with Ubuntu-Linux?
2.
 Job Tracker works okay, but when I look into some tasktracker logs, the
 url gets changed as hostnames of the tasktrackers instead of IPs and so
 I have to manually edit the URL in the JobTracker console to have the
tasktracker logs! Is there some way I could solve this?
3.
 Is there a way to kill a Hive Job from the Toad console? The Stop SQL
button in the SQL Editor stops the command from Toad but do not kill the
 job.

Thanks,
Mike