hive-dev mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@fb.com>
Subject clean continuous integration run
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 23:38:09 GMT
Yay, our first clean continuous integration test run in ages!

There are still some known sporadic failures due to the System.exit race condition mentioned
in HIVE-1872.

>From here on, when committing new patches, if you hit an exception during testing, please
don't commit until you've made sure that it's a known sporadic failure.  If it's anything
else (e.g. a problem with your build/test environment), please clean that up first before
proceeding.  Once breakage gets checked in, it's very difficult to stop new ones from creeping
in since everyone stops trusting the test results.

Thanks,
JVS

Begin forwarded message:

<nzhang@facebook.com>, <jsensarma@gmail.com>, <pyang@facebook.com>, <heyongqiangict@gmail.com>,