hive-dev mailing list archives

From John Sichi <jsi...@fb.com>
Subject CHANGES.txt going bye bye
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 20:17:12 GMT
Per HIVE-1882, I'm about to commit the svn remove for CHANGES.txt.  So after that, you'll no
longer be editing it as part of your commits.  Instead, we'll be producing the changelog directly
from JIRA.

As a consequence, it becomes even more important that you update JIRA with the correct Fix
information when marking an issue resolved.  We're about to branch for 0.7, so if you backport
patches, you'll be marking fix version 0.7, otherwise (trunk only) you'll be marking 0.8.
 Carl will send out a reminder once the branch is cut and JIRA has 0.8 defined.

(BTW, we suggested making the Fix Version mandatory for JIRA resolution Fixed, but got shot
down by INFRA.)

JVS