hive-dev mailing list archives

From Mohit <mohitsi...@huawei.com>
Subject Execution of ADD query to add resource like archives, files, jars doesn't throw exception if the file|archive|jar does not exists.
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:32:41 GMT

Hello All,

I'm running Hive 0.6 in a server mode, I'm executing below commands/queries

add jar /home/grade.jar;

add archive /home/temp.zip; and

add file /home/demo.txt;

and these files (.txt | .zip | .jar) does not exists, but I'm not getting
any exception.

Whereas, If I run the same queries/commands in CLI mode, I get exception
saying /home/grade.jar does not exists or /home/temp.zip does not exists
etc.

Is there any defect logged for same ?

-Mohit

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is