hive-dev mailing list archives

From Namit Jain <>
Subject Re: Scheduling the Hive 0.7.0 Release
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:45:54 GMT
Before finalizing on the date, let us go over the 68 issues.
Based on that, let us come up with a release date.

There is no point in having a release with lots of bugs or mostly
working features.

Don¹t get me wrong - I am very interested in 0.7 release, but don¹t
want to hurry up something - a delay of 2 weeks wont cause any major

On 1/24/11 2:17 PM, "Edward Capriolo" <> wrote:

>On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Carl Steinbach <> wrote:
>> Hi Ed,
>> This seems aggressive. We have 4 open blockers and 68 other issues
>>> slated for 0.7.0.
>> Three of the four open blockers involve writing metastore upgrade
>> I'm willing to assume responsibility for this and can get it ready for
>> review in the next couple of days. The same thing holds for the
>> downgrade ticket (HIVE-1817), I just need to people to agree on whether
>> not we can desupport Hadoop 0.20.0 in Hive 0.7.0.
>> As for the 68 other issues that are marked 0.7.0, I'd appreciate your
>> in determining which of these are actually blockers versus the majority
>> which I think fall into the nice-to-have category. I'm going to make a
>> pass later today. Going forward I think we should make an effort to not
>> the "Fixed Version" field until a ticket is marked as Resolved/Fixed.
>> otherwise seems inconsistent with a a time-based release strategy.
>> Thanks.
>> Carl
>Besides the "fixed version" we have to stop marking everything 'bug'.
>No one uses 'task' 'feature' 'wish' or the priority.

View raw message