hive-dev mailing list archives

From Namit Jain <nj...@fb.com>
Subject patch review process
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 02:37:50 GMT

It would be good to have a policy for submitting a new patch for review.
If the patch is small, usually it is pretty easy to review.But, if it large,
a GUI like reviewboard (https://reviews.apache.org) makes it easy.

So, going forward, I would like to propose either of the following.

1. All patches must go through reviewboard
2. If a contributor/reviewer creates a reviewboard request,
     all subsequent review requests should go through the reviewboard.

I would personally vote for 2., since for small patches, we don’t really need a
reviewboard.

But, please vote, and based on that, we can come up with a policy.
Let us know, if you think of some other option.

Thanks,
-namit