hive-dev mailing list archives

From Sushanth Sowmyan <khorg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jmx metrics for metastore server
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:56:41 GMT
I'm not sure what % of people would be using a Metastore server as
opposed to just using a local metastore - I know we have a usecase
where we do want a centralized metastore server because it'd be the
common metastore across multiple projects/processes and we'd like to
add in monitoring instrumentation for it.

That said, if we were to use a -D parameter to determine the port, and
apply jmx instrumentation in the Metastore server, even local clients
should be able to make use of that change. Also, once we have a way to
add in instrumentation, I suspect we should be able to add in
instrumentation from a query level as well if needed.

-Sushanth