hive-dev mailing list archives

From Edward Capriolo <edlinuxg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hive svn is up and hive.apache.org is up
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2010 20:14:13 GMT
On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Namit Jain <njain@facebook.com> wrote:
> Let us punt it for now

in-flight patches, plugin loading, etc.

> I'd suggest that we defer this until a "Hive 1.0" effort gets started.
>
> JVS

http://hive.apache.org is up with content. Building forest requires
java 1.5. There are two ways we can do this from now on.

1) Move the forest source (only) into our svn
2) Move the forest source and generated content into our SVN

With option1 we have to build the forest and put the generated data in
place on /www/hive.apache.org
With option number2 we can build locally commit the generated data
into SVN and then checkout into the webspace of people.apache.org

I like option 1 the best as it keeps the SVN smaller, but I am flexible here.