hive-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Steinbach <>
Subject Re: Connect to Hive from Windows via ODBC?
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:35:02 GMT
Has anyone tried to getting the windows ODBC driver manager to recognize
Hive's unixODBC ODBC driver? I was able to build unixODBC on cygwin
following these directions (,
but it's unclear to me if it is possible to make the windows ODBC driver
manager recognize a driver written using the unixODBC library. Does anyone
on the list know if this should definitely not work?

If unixODBC is a non-starter on windows, we should file a new ticket for a
windows compatible Hive ODBC driver. I imagine that most of the people who
want to use ODBC to connect to Hive are running windows.