hive-dev mailing list archives

From Johan Oskarsson <>
Subject Re: Implementing Timestamp (HIVE-192)
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:06:09 GMT
The ticket hasn't been commented on so I'm going to assume that nobody
is working on it, so please do go ahead and have a go at it.

As for who you should talk to, someone on this list should probably jump
in, but the committers are a good start:

There's also an IRC channel where some of them pop in now and again:
##hive at

I haven't worked with serde much so can't give any pointers where to start.

Shyam Sarkar wrote:
> Hello,
> I like to go deeper into Hive code (starting from parser all the way to file system)
by implementing a small feature first. I like to add code for timestamp implementation (HIVE-192).
Is that ok to implement? Is there any suggestion?
> Also I like to know who should I talk to for new feature suggestions for implementations
in future (Is someone the main architect!!)? What is the process involved?
> Please let me know.
> Regards,
> Shyam Sundar Sarkar,Ph.D.
> Founder