hive-dev mailing list archives

From Ashish Thusoo <>
Subject RE: Building offline with ivy
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:50:09 GMT
I think this should work (though I have not tried it myself) because ivy actually caches the
downloaded files in $HOME/.ant/cache. Hive also actually downloads ivy however, I don't think
it checks for its presence in $HOME/.ant/lib. So that may need some fixing in get_ivy.xml.
Otherwise it should be fairly transparent.

Do send out an email with the problems that you face when trying it out.

Regarding the information, a lot of that is in README.txt which we are planning to move to
the wiki as then everyone can easily fix and contribute to it more easily, but for the time
being you can find information about svn and eclipse in README.txt..

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Capriolo []
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 12:51 PM
Subject: Building offline with ivy

I am sometimes in an offline environment when developing. Now that hive has switched to IVY,
is their a procedure to do an offline build ?(after the first online build has passed?). Also
the hadoop instructions for SVN + eclipse +subversive are extensive
. Is anyone working on a doc like that for the Hive wiki? That would be very helpful.

View raw message