heron-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Ramasamy <kart...@streaml.io>
Subject Heron Non Apache Release 0.17.8
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2018 17:05:09 GMT
All -

Since we have been planning to release 0.17.8 till last week, I would
suggest that we can go ahead with this release. However this release will
be a non Apache release since there are several task items that needs to be
done before making an Apache release.

I would suggest the following -

* Move forward with 0.17.8 as a non Apache Release

* Target 0.18.0 as a full Apache Release

Since the task items could be long - there might be a need for some interim
releases between 0.17.8 and 0.18.0 and these releases might be potentially
non Apache release as well.

Let me know if this plan sounds good.

In the Slack most of committers have said yes to go ahead with 0.17.8
release.

cheers
/karthik

ps: Mentors please let us know if this looks ok