heron-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Ramasamy <kart...@streaml.io>
Subject Re: Moving to Apache
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2018 08:15:29 GMT
Sree -

Since Apache allows for using github.com (Apache Pulsar uses it) and the
team is used to github.com and its workflow using ISSUES and PR, I would
vote to

github.com/twitter/heron ----> github.com/apache/incubator-heron

This is not hard since the organization owner can transfer (in this case
Twitter) can transfer the project to github.com/apache/incubator-heron -
with a single UI click.
and it preserves all the github/forks/ stars etc.

If we can use the ISSUE tracking in github.com associated with the project
incubator-heron, it will be easier as well as opposed to moving to JIRA
(again Apache Pulsar use this approach)

cheers
/karthik