heron-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Fischer <j...@joshfischer.io>
Subject Heron & Flux Style Topologies
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 02:30:51 GMT
Hi Dave,

I am currently working on a Flux like way to deploy topologies for Heron.
We've decided to call it ECO.  It's based off of the already working code
that Flux is built on.  Within the next week I plan to open a pull request
to the core committers.

So the idea is (hopefully) that you can take any Storm Flux topology with
spouts and bolts defined in Java and run it directly in Heron without any
code changes.  So far I have this working with several topologies.
However, I would like the community to test it more as I am sure there are
edge cases I haven't accounted for yet.

As of now, this will only work with Storm components.  If you have any
questions, please let me know!

-Josh