heron-dev mailing list archives

From Sree V <sree_at_ch...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Introduction & more
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 03:46:53 GMT
Hi Heron Team,
My name is Sree Vaddi.  I have been on apache.org from its birth.My previous projects were
apache gossip, ranger, calcite, drill, ...
I am based in Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
>From the page, http://incubator.apache.org/projects/heron.html, I have been subscribing
to dev@ instead dev-subscribe@.My bad, I didn't infer (-subscribe) even though I have been
on the apache from its birth.  Thank you, Sebb.

It looks like JIRA and other basic setup, still to do.  This is main reason, I submitted
ICLA.
Apache conventions incubator-heron.git and incubator-heron-site.git.In the recent projects,
we deviated from it and created a git branch 'site', for site pages.

I created slack channel.  Should I update the incubator main page ?

I am planning to do the following. Checking with you, before proceeding to avoid duplicate
effort.Code migration for com.twitter.* to org.apache.* ?
Apache license replacements in each file ?
I did the apache gossip website. Should I go ahead and use the same template for Heron website
?
What is the plan for current github pages (documentation) ? Move them to apache github or
move to new apache Heron website ?
Setup google hangout or othere video conferencing ?Setup up meetup.com and etc... ? (may be
find a food & venue sponsor)
Open to any other in your priority list.
I look forward to a wonderful time working with you all.

Thanking you.
With Regards
Sree650.213.2707 (prefer text)