heron-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Introduction & more
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2018 22:55:22 GMT
Hi -

As discussed Karthick will bring this up with Matteo who sits next to him.

Regards,
Dave

> On Jan 30, 2018, at 2:45 PM, Sree V <sree_at_chess@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> "Pulsar just setup a slack digest to Apache mailing list script. Matteo has the code.
I suggest that Heron use it too."

<http://github.com/>> and can use the issue tracking in GitHub.
> > For example, checkout the project Apache Pulsar which uses GitHub entirely for their
needs -

> > https://pulsar.apache.org/  <https://pulsar.apache.org/><https://pulsar.apache.org/
<https://pulsar.apache.org/>>

> > Things that we could use your help are
> >
> > * Please update the incubator web page and there are some links that are broken
which needs to be fixed

> If you are referring to the status page that is a mentor/PPMC page to fix.
>
> > * com.twitter.* to org.apache.* is a good idea - we are waiting for the code to
transfer before making it
> > * Heron documentation could be improved a lot and could be hosted in Apache incubator
website

> It can still be maintained in github and then published into the correct Apache location.
>
> > * We have every two week OSS sync up - added you to the invite.
>
> Is this a google hangout or face to face meeting? Just a reminder that all decisions
do need to copied to this mailing list.

> > * We could use your help in developing a lot of new features and add additional
tests.

> Regards,
> Dave
>

> > cheers
> > /karthik
> >
> > A few of us live in Sunnyvale as well.
> >
> >> On Jan 5, 2018, at 7:46 PM, Sree V <sree_at_chess@yahoo.com.INVALID <mailto:sree_at_chess@yahoo.com.INVALID>>
wrote:

> >> Hi Heron Team,
> >> My name is Sree Vaddi.  I have been on apache.org from its birth.My previous
projects were apache gossip, ranger, calcite, drill, ...
> >> I am based in Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
> >> From the page, http://incubator.apache.org/projects/heron.html,  <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/heron.html,>I
have been subscribing to dev@ instead dev-subscribe@.My <mailto:dev-subscribe@.My> bad,
I didn't infer (-subscribe) even though I have been on the apache from its birth.  Thank you,
Sebb.

> >> It looks like JIRA and other basic setup, still to do.  This is main reason,
I submitted ICLA.
> >> Apache conventions incubator-heron.git and incubator-heron-site.git.In the recent
projects, we deviated from it and created a git branch 'site', for site pages.

> >> I created slack channel.  Should I update the incubator main page ?
> >>
> >> I am planning to do the following. Checking with you, before proceeding to avoid
duplicate effort.Code migration for com.twitter.* to org.apache.* ?
> >> Apache license replacements in each file ?
> >> I did the apache gossip website. Should I go ahead and use the same template
for Heron website ?
> >> What is the plan for current github pages (documentation) ? Move them to apache
github or move to new apache Heron website ?
> >> Setup google hangout or othere video conferencing ?Setup up meetup.com and etc...
? (may be find a food & venue sponsor)