heron-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Ramasamy <kart...@streaml.io>
Subject Re: Introduction & more
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 07:14:04 GMT
Welcome, Sree to the project.

We already have a slack channel at heronstreaming.slack.com and you can get an invitation
to the slack at

http://heronstreaming.herokuapp.com/ <http://heronstreaming.herokuapp.com/>

Regarding JIRA Apache allows new projects to be in the github.com <http://github.com/>
and can use the issue tracking in GitHub.
For example, checkout the project Apache Pulsar which uses GitHub entirely for their needs
-

https://pulsar.apache.org/ <https://pulsar.apache.org/>

Things that we could use your help are

* Please update the incubator web page and there are some links that are broken which needs
to be fixed
* com.twitter.* to org.apache.* is a good idea - we are waiting for the code to transfer before
making it
* Heron documentation could be improved a lot and could be hosted in Apache incubator website
* We have every two week OSS sync up - added you to the invite.
* We could use your help in developing a lot of new features and add additional tests.

cheers
/karthik

A few of us live in Sunnyvale as well.

> On Jan 5, 2018, at 7:46 PM, Sree V <sree_at_chess@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hi Heron Team,
> My name is Sree Vaddi.  I have been on apache.org from its birth.My previous projects
were apache gossip, ranger, calcite, drill, ...
> I am based in Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
> From the page, http://incubator.apache.org/projects/heron.html, I have been subscribing
to dev@ instead dev-subscribe@.My bad, I didn't infer (-subscribe) even though I have been
on the apache from its birth.  Thank you, Sebb.

> It looks like JIRA and other basic setup, still to do.  This is main reason, I submitted
ICLA.
> Apache conventions incubator-heron.git and incubator-heron-site.git.In the recent projects,
we deviated from it and created a git branch 'site', for site pages.

> I created slack channel.  Should I update the incubator main page ?
>
> I am planning to do the following. Checking with you, before proceeding to avoid duplicate
effort.Code migration for com.twitter.* to org.apache.* ?
> Apache license replacements in each file ?
> I did the apache gossip website. Should I go ahead and use the same template for Heron
website ?
> What is the plan for current github pages (documentation) ? Move them to apache github
or move to new apache Heron website ?
> Setup google hangout or othere video conferencing ?Setup up meetup.com and etc... ? (may
be find a food & venue sponsor)