heron-dev mailing list archives

From Karthik Ramasamy <kramas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scala porting efforts resuming
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2018 20:12:34 GMT
There are some bazel plugins for intellij

https://github.com/bazelbuild/intellij <https://github.com/bazelbuild/intellij>

cheers
/karthik

> On Jan 6, 2018, at 10:09 PM, Saikat Kanjilal <sxk1969@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Heron Folks,
>
> I wanted to run something by the dev list, for the initial scala port of the streamlets
API I am targeting building scala interfaces using the java to scala tool and having the interfaces
invoke the java implementations, now the way the packaging is setup all the java implementations
currently live inside /Users/saikat.kanjilal/code/heron/heron/api/src/java/com/twitter/heron/streamlet/impl,
in Intellij I have made the scala directory an additional source directory and am planning
on adding the bazel rules file to create a scala library.

> Now my question is this, should we move the java implementation package to a central
location so that the implementations can easily be accessed by both the java and scala interfaces,
I really don't want to have 2 copies of the implementation files, and it seems awkward to
leave the java implementations living where they currently do.

> Here's a possible idea I was thinking about:
>

> top level directory:  /api/src/java/com/twitter/heron/streamlet
>
> java interface directory: /api/src/java/com/twitter/heron/streamlet/java
>
> scala interface directory: /api/src/java/com/twitter/heron/streamlet/scala
>
> implementation directory: /api/src/java/com/twitter/heron/streamlet/impl
>

> With the above strategy I can tell Intellij to make the streamlet subdirectory be the
src, not sure this actually matters when building a bazel related project.